Subject: Re: FATAL: kernel too old
To: Rob Hoopman <rob@tuna.nl>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2002 05:59:31
On April 17, 2002 04:31 pm, Rob Hoopman wrote:
> I saw the same thing with with a pkgsrc pulled yesterday and a 1.5ZC
> kernel (march 19ish if I remember correctly), building a new kernel
> fixed it for me.
>
> Rob
>
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > I get this message when I try to build any Linux program from pkgsrc.
> > Here is a sample of the actual output.
> >
> > /usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /usr/pkg/emul/linux
> > FATAL: kernel too old

After rebuilding the kernel, world and pkg programs three times I got rid of
this error but I now get this eror:

/usr/bin/opera: line 72: 18762 Segmentation fault   (core dumped) $OPERA "$@"

In a day or two I will be installing onto a new system and this one will be
reassigned as a file server so Opera won't be an issue but I sure would like
to know what I did to cause this to suddenly happen.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/