Subject: Calculating frag size for LFS
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2002 22:27:11
What data does one need to calculate the best frag size / block size to use
for a new LFS partition? I assume the exact size of the disk, from disklabel
or whatever, but I'm not sure how to calculate the best frag size. I just
recreated the partition I use for building NetBSD as lfs, and have noticed a
good bit of speed improvement, I'm considering converting another filesystem
used for non-critical data (stuff that won't kill the machine if it gets
hosed :) to LFS, and want to try and figure out a better frag size than what
newfs_lfs does with -A. Any tips?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive