Subject: Re: 20020410-1.5ZC-XFree86-4.2.0 with Intel i815 graphics
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2002 16:54:15
On Mon 15 Apr 2002 at 00:57:37 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> Anyway, it worked, after I managed to limit the screen size to 1024x768.

I ran into another thing, which is probably gfx-chipset dependent. I am
using a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook which has an Intel i815 chipset. If I
view a movie with some player that uses the XVideo extension (such as
Ogle or (g)mplayer), the picture is shifted about a cm to the left. I
suppose this corresponds to 32 or 64 pixels or somesuch.

The left of the image, the part that falls outside the window (or
outside the screen, when fullscreen) is therefore lost. On the right
there is a vertical stripe of blue.

First I thought the image was perhaps just not filling the screen, but
if I use another way to view the same film, I can clearly see that there
is supposed to be more in the picture than I can see.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? When Googling for these things, I
earlier found some vague regarding hidden video overlay registers but I
can't seem to find that again to see if it was relevant.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --They that can give up essential
\X/ land.nl --liberty to purchase a little temporary safety