Subject: x11-links
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ari Lukkarinen <alukkari@csc.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2002 12:59:30
I have a problem with a pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links package in
a new machine (ibm A30 laptop). The system is running a
current operating system and pkgsrc-tree is also new.
The version of XF86 is 4.2.0.

The error message is of the form:

# make
====> Configuring ......
=> Linking X11 .....
/cvs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/work/.buildlink/include/DPS/ColorSB.h: not
found *** Error code 127

It seems to me that some environment variables are not properly
defined during the makefile processing. For example, the error given above
can be avoided by defining the DIRNAME environment variable.
In such a case, however, other problems appear on 'make install' phase
(i.e. PLIST file is searched from a wrong place and SORT environment
variable is not defined)

I had this same problem on this machine with netbsd release 1.5.2
with a new pkgsrc-tree. However, on the other machine, running a slightly
older operating system with a 1.5ZA kernel, x11-links package works
fluently. /etc/mk.conf files are perhaps slightly different on these two
machines, but I do not think that being the reason for these problems.
Currently, on my laptop, /etc/mk.conf file defines only TOOLDIR and
sets USETOOLS=yes.

Any ideas ?

--
Ari Lukkarinen