Subject: Re: Anyone compiling X on NetBSD-current ?
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2002 12:15:29
    Date:        Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:09:30 +0700
    From:        Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>

  | Thanks for the help - once my system finishes rebuilding (both) versions of
  | X once again, I will report on how well this worked.

Building in the entirely new environment (chroot'd to the DESTDIR
of a successful build.sh) both versions of X built fine.

The only problem was the construction of xbase.tgz from the Xfree4
build couldn't find either xftlsfonts or xftlsfonts.0 (and neither
could I find any reference to such a program) - so I'm assuming that
the list of files to put in xbase.tgz is/was slightly lagging reality
(note: this was from the tarballs created April 13 - last weekend).

The only other issue is the one I mentioned in an e-mail message a couple
or weeks (or more) ago, where one of the files in the xfree tarball
unpacks to the wrong location (the path in the tar file lacks the xsrc
prefix, so while everything else unpacks into xsrc/... this one (font)
file unpackes into xfree/xc/...)    I still have no idea how the tarballs
are made (the scripts that do that don't seem to be distributed, or I
can't find them) so I still have no idea what tweak needs making to
fix that one.

kre