Subject: 20020410-1.5ZC-XFree86-4.2.0 with Intel i815 graphics
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, agc@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2002 14:20:44
I have downloaded the 20020410-1.5ZC-XFree86-4.2.0 snapshot (for i386)
and I am trying to get X running on a (borrowed) laptop. If I do nothing
special, the screen just goes black when I start X.

I already found I apparently need an "NoInt10" option in the XF86Config
file - then it gets to complain about a missing /dev/agpgart device.

I found sources for that on ftp.netbsd.org in /pub/NetBSD/misc/agc,
but no Makefile. I stole one from the aperture driver (also an LKM) but
kernel sources have changed enough that it still won't compile (at the
least, pci header file names changed, access to configured kernel source
is needed for opt_*.h files, type names changed for ithings like
pci_chipset_tag_t).

Has anybody a current version of this, or shall I try to update it by
myself (through trial and error, I fear)?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --They that can give up essential
\X/ land.nl --liberty to purchase a little temporary safety