Subject: apm & mozilla problems current kernel 2002-04-10
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: rob <rob_mail@fastmail.fm>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2002 00:06:57
Using current kernel source 2002-04-10 from cvs.

While trying to build with config GENERIC_LAPTOP can't complete due to the following:

arch -I../../../.. -nostdinc -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=32 -D_KERNEL -D_KERNEL_OPT -c ../../../../arch/i386/i386/apmcall.s
/tmp/ccAWaAuu.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccAWaAuu.s:618: Error: operands given don't match any known 386 instruction
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Commenting out apm in the config allows me to complete the build also I don't have new.gas but I did
comment out I686_CPU incase it was a new instruction.

After building the above kernel (without apm of course) mozilla 0.9 functionality disturbed.
Any request with the browser results in the following error being returned by mozilla:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.xyz.com".

Though all other network applications seem to function without any problems.

I'm new to tracking -current so excuse me if these are silly mistakes due to my own error
but please try to guide me in the right direction either way.

Thanks

Rob