Subject: Re: dhclient oddity
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2002 17:06:41
--um2V5WpqCyd73IVb

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:07:19PM -0500, Sean Finney wrote:
> i'm running isc-dhcpd-V3.0rc10 on 1.5ZA and i get the error
> messages too.  a couple months ago i did some googling, and
> found a lot of various posts from people with similar troubles,
> and most of the time the thread ended with 'this is caused by
> a buggy nic driver'

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen it a couple of times
coming from my own DHCP server, which is now 1.5ZC, though it would
have been 1.5ZA at the time. (I'll see if I can provoke the message
this evening or this weekend, depending on when I get time.)

> what's everyone using?  serverside i have an rtk8139 card, and=20
> client side i got a xircom ii ps pcmcia card of ssome kind.

Oddly, enough, I've got an rtk (a D-Link Systems DFE 530TX+, which
is also an 8139) and an xi (just the 10/100 card, laptop's not handy
at the moement) myself...

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net