Subject: Re: Updating to XFree 4
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2002 15:04:12
Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com> wrote:
> 3) Should I continue to use the SVGA server?  Or should I convert to
>    using the agp?

There is neither a SVGA nor a AGP server in XFree86 4.2.0. There is a
single server with loadable drivers. These drivers could take advantage
of AGP if NetBSD had the necessary DRI framework.

> 4) Will XFree 4 work on my Alpha PC164LX?

I don't know. I'm not even sure if it will build because I just don't
have the hardware to test it. A first step would be to try to build
and provide patchesC - just reporting build failures won't help - if
necessary.

> 6) Oh, one more thing - one of my systems is dual-CPU i386 - any
>    problems with XFree 4?

Not that I know of. I remember that there problems with XFree86 on dual
CPU NetBSD-i386 systems a while ago but Frank van der Linden fixed the
kernel bug which causes that.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/