Subject: Re: Microtek scanner not showing up?
To: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2002 16:10:20
Well, that was a waste of time.

To be clear:

	$ xsane microtek:/dev/ss0
or, in my newly compiled kernel,
	$ xsane microtek:/dev/uk0

works just fine, but xsane by itself says "No devices found".

i.e. I have recompiled my kernel for naught.  The kernel still doesn't
find the proper device.  I suspect I shall have to enter a quirk for it,
but all I need to do is make it so that when the scanner is found,
it will come up as <Microtek, Scanner 600, 1.70>.

All I need is for it to find the damned identifier so it's usable.

If I go manually, all is well as far as xsane goes, but I can't use it
with the gimp, because it can't identify which kind of device it is.

This is arguably a bug with xsane/gimp, but I need a solution.