Subject: Re: Makefile issues with last night's checkout
To: Jason L. Cook <jason@siliconashes.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2002 23:41:03
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Jason L. Cook wrote:

: Anyway, I did a checkout of last night's current source, and built my
: kernel just fine. After a reboot, I try to do a 'make build' in
: /usr/src, and receive the following:
:
: "Makefile", line 125: Malformed conditional (${USETOOLS} == "yes")
: "Makefile", line 125: Need an operator
: "Makefile", line 127: if-less endif
: "Makefile", line 127: Need an operator
: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

You have a very old, out-of-date make(1).  You could update this, but I
suspect you have many other out-of-date tools at the same time.

I suggest using "build.sh" to upgrade a machine with a userland this old
relevant to -current; read src/BUILDING for full documentation on the new
build process.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/