Subject: mplayer compile [Was Re: compile problems? ]
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Hoopman <rob@tuna.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2002 21:19:22
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 06:23:41PM +0100, Rob Hoopman wrote:
>
>>Lately I'm seeing  strange compile  problems, compiles will choke on
>>random bits of code. A second try will usually compile just fine only to
>>choke a few minutes later on.
>>Normally I would attribte this to faulty hardware a (does anyone have a
>>hint on how to track down the component causing failure other than
>>switching hardware?), but since switching sources to different disks
>>didn't help and this is happening literally since the day I upgraded to
>>-current; is there anything in -current I should be aware of that might
>>be causing this?
>>

>I didn't notice it.
>Note that disk is not likely to be the problem here, best candidates are RAM
>and CPU, next motherboard.

That's what I thought, the RAM/CPU are relatively new and I haven't had
an abit board fail on me so far. So I thought I'd make sure before I go
shell out some cash for hardware and find out later it's not at fault.

>>FWIW:
>>kernel/ userland: NetBSD 1.5ZC/ March 19-ish
>>hardware: i386/Athlon TB/KT133
>>

>Is your CPU properly cooled ?

Yes, and envstat running on the off chance I would notice a temperature
change if the fan should fail

On a probably not at all reated note:
Anyone else nothice this, problems with mplayer or is it my crummy hardware?

Detected operating system: NetBSD
Detected host architecture: i386
Checking for cc version ... 2.95.3, ok
Checking for CPU vendor ... AuthenticAMD (6:4:2)
Checking for CPU type ...  AMD Athlon(tm) processor
Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... pentiumpro
Checking for kernel support of mmx ... yes
Checking for kernel support of 3dnow ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnow.
To use 3dnow extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of 3dnowex ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnowex.
To use 3dnowex extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of mmx2 ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support mmx2.
To use mmx2 extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for mtrr support ... yes
Checking for assembler (as 2.11.2) ... ok
Checking for extra headers ... none
Checking for extra libs ... none
Checking for kstat ... no
Checking for posix4 ... no
Checking for nanosleep ... yes
Checking for socklib ... no
Checking for inet_pton() ... yes (using )
Checking for stdint.h ... yes
Checking for malloc.h ... yes
Checking for memalign() ... no
Checking for alloca.h ... no
Checking for mman.h ... yes
Checking for dynamic loader ... yes
Checking for pthread ... yes (using -lpthread)
Checking for sys/soundcard.h ... ./configure: cannot create
/usr/tmp/raid0/pkgsrc/graphics/
mplayer/work/mplayer-conf--7290.o: text busy
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/tmp/raid0/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer