Subject: Re: oldest boot record?
To: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2002 14:57:10
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, maximum entropy wrote:

: >Note, however, that 386BSD contains some AT&T license-encumbered source
: >code, so *technically* it's not legal to redistribute.  However, the legal
: >situations surrounding this fairly minimal amount of code have passed some
: >time ago, and it's likely that AT&T no longer cares about this 10-year-old
: >distribution....
:
: Wouldn't this be covered by the new Caldera license, as a successor to
: 32V?
:
: ftp://minnie.tuhs.org/UnixArchive/Caldera-license.pdf

I don't know the specific source files in question, but my *guess* is that
this would probably cover it.  However, I can't guarantee that.

In any case, minnie.tuhs.org has copies of 386BSD readily downloadable, as
noted.  <g>

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/