Subject: Re: GENERIC kernel problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/2002 00:25:27
On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 23:35, Kevin Toolsie wrote:

> Once config finishes, I cd ../compile/<myconfig> and run 'make depend'.
> This runs for a couple of minutes and then dies, it seems that config.c
> is looking for 5 files that aren't there.  I remember that the first one
> is i4bctl.h and the others all start with i4b.
>
> After a bit of research, I have found that these are for ISDN, which I
> have none of in my kernel config file.  I can't seem to get around this
> and am looking for some help!
>
> Do I need a newer version of config perhaps?

I remember the names of the isdn interfaced to be changed a while ago. I
seem to have to problems compiling new kernels here. Did you try to
upgrade from 1.5.2 or 1.5.3pre?

If I want a -current box, I usually install a recent snapshot (latest is
from 1.5ZA I believe) and go from there. Maybe you should try that
first.

Cheers,
Emiel