Subject: Re: audio interface change proposal
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/2002 10:41:25
On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 15:22, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> SB AWE 64.
>
> full duplex works if i will write my own program opening device read-write
> and do ioctl AUDIO_SETFD.
>
> but it is very inflexible as i must have one program driving both input
> and output.

The AWE64 is capable of hardware mixing. Not entirely sure on this one,
but I remember reading that the EMU8000 in the AWE32 can handle up to 32
simultaneous voices. You might be interested in doing something similar
to what I did recently to the esa(4) driver -- call audio_attach_mi()
multiple times, one for each "voice". Then, /dev/sound[0-n] are
available at your disposal.

Jared