Subject: Re: pckbc, pms_disable
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@earth.email.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2002 03:09:08
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:25:11AM -0600,
Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:

> In message <20020318150346.9CE28613F@mail.asahi-net.or.jp>, Toru TAKAMIZU write
> s:
> >-current gives me a lot of "pckbc: command timeout" and
> >and "pms_disable: command error". These make X practically
> >unusable.
>
> That's odd!
>
> >Does anybody know a good workaround?
>
> Not yet.  Are you using a KVM?  Are you using a mouse with a scroll wheel?

I don't know whether I'm using KVM or not, sorry.
My mouse is a ps/2 3-button mouse (Logitech). I don't like ones with wheel
because I often use the second button.

> This is probably related to the changes I submitted to make the "psm" driver
> handle multiple protocols.  For tolerance of console switches, it can be
> persuaded to reprobe.  I've turned off a few of the warnings I used to use,
> because a nice guy at Synaptics warned me that a number of keyboard
> controllers corrupt some packets.  :(

The one emailed me directly says he has a patch from you, so the patch
may contain what you submitted (in order to turn off the warnings).
My kernel is a few days old now and the first thing I have to do is
"cvs update", I think.

Toru