Subject: Re: pckbc, pms_disable
To: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@earth.email.ne.jp>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2002 12:18:10
In message <20020318180951.AA4476119@mail.asahi-net.or.jp>, Toru TAKAMIZU write
s:
>I don't know whether I'm using KVM or not, sorry.

"Console switch".  If you have several computers connected to a box, and one
mouse connected to that box, you have one.  Otherwise you don't.  :)

>My mouse is a ps/2 3-button mouse (Logitech). I don't like ones with wheel
>because I often use the second button.

Makes sense.  That should be the most-simple case.

>The one emailed me directly says he has a patch from you, so the patch
>may contain what you submitted (in order to turn off the warnings).
>My kernel is a few days old now and the first thing I have to do is
>"cvs update", I think.

Sounds right.  The issue I ran into is that the PS/2 spec makes certain
promises about what packets will look like, so I was hoping to use invalid
packets as a warning that the mouse had gotten reset - unfortunately, this
doesn't work, because certain computers emit invalid packets.

-s