Subject: About toolchain-patches
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2002 17:07:07
What's the proper way of submitting patches related to ./build.sh and
friends (src/tools) ? I might have a few simple two-liners to several
files as I'm trying to build from hpux-s700-10.20 -> hp300.

The problems are mainly really small (like no MAP_FAILED for mmap (xinstall))
and so on. Is it acceptable just to use #if !defined(__hpux) or similar ?

Stuff that uses autoconf is easier (like tools/compat) but for example
tools/binstall just reaches over to usr.bin/xinstall making these ugly
#ifdef's somewhat permanent.

This is all written under the assumption that someone else wants to compile
from hpux 10.20 and that host/OS specific differences will be done with a
bunch of #ifdefs. Any hints ?

--
jht