Subject: Re: "make USETOOLS=never build" fails
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2002 16:44:22
> It's not silly.  If you had let the host toolchain build, you would not have
> run into this problem; it makes use of the correct share/mk files
> automatically.

I don't think so. I'm building (with a "normal" build.sh call) on one host,
and when that's done I do "make install USETOOLS=never" from the NFS mounted
source dir on several other machines of the same arch. On some of them
followed by a "make includes".

This particular failure is easy to work around, but in general a mechanism
like USETOOLS=never is very much needed. And installing the right *.mk
files didn't fix this lossage for me, I resorted to running mtree manually.

Martin