Subject: LINKSYS WPC11 (VERSION 3) 802.11B PCMCIA CARD, ANY SUCCESS?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2002 00:51:23
	Hello folks.  I've just acquired a new Linksys wpc11 (version 3)
pcmcia 802.11B card.  It shows up as vendor 0x274, product 0x1613.  I've
defined these values in /usr/src/sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs and the card is
found.  I've even identified the Intersil chipset used, the ISL37300P,
which appears to be an Intersil V2.5 chipset release.  (The firmware
identifier shows up as 0x801a, not something NetBSD recognized, but
something I now have taught it to recognize.)  All appears well, except
that I cannot seem to transmit packets.  (I can receive packets, and the
machine thinks it's answering, but the data never shows up in the air.)
So, I'm wondering if anyone else has worked with the 37300p variant of the
Prism 2 chipset before, or if someone might have ideas on what I might try.
 I've already tried disabling the AUTOINC_HERMESE_TRANSMIT_WAR option in
the driver, to see if the bug discussed there was fixed.  That didn't work.
 So, I'll keep poking at it, but any insights one might have would be
greatly appreciated.
-thanks
-Brian