Subject: "make USETOOLS=never build" fails
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen D. Ball <ball@iprotium.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2002 14:59:13
I am using -current sup'ed today and attempting to rebuild userland with a
kernel (1.5ZB) from the same sources and a userland (1.5ZA) built last week.

"make USETOOLS=never build" fails when it recurses into etc to do a "make
DESTDIR=/ distrib-dirs" because it doesn't know how to make check_DESTDIR.

If I use USETOOLS=no then the build stops in gnu/lib/libg2c saying that
component requires a "host specific toolchain."  And if I don't specify
USETOOLS the toolchain is built (which seems silly to have to wait for).  Is
this a bug, a feature, or am I missing something in the configuration?

Thanks in advance for any insights.