Subject: Re: NFS problem between current server and release client
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2002 03:10:44
On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:45:57AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> one of my NFS clients (NetBSD-amiga 1.5.2/1.5.3_RC1) loses contact with
> my NFS server (NetBSD-i386 1.5ZB) reproducably. After some hours any
> access (e.g. "df" or "sync") to the NFS filesystem just hangs. There
> are no kernel messages related to this problem. If it matters: the
> NFS mount was created by the automount daemon. But the daemon itself
> is not hanging, I can still list its locigal filesystem.
>
> Did anybody else observe this kind of problems?

Looking at the tcpdump you posted, this does not seem to be an
actual NFS problem. The posted NFS RPC calls get replied to promptly.
The problem could be with amd(8). Are you using YP? I have seen
one report of amd and YP somehow not working well together.

If the problem is reproducible, try mounting the filesystem
by hand (not via amd), and see if it persists.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/