Subject: Bynari Insight
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2002 18:35:22
--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

I've had about two months of using Win2k on a 1 GHz machine for
nothing but Outlook and having it freeze at least twice a week, and
I'm sick of it.

What's more, looks like Bynari is offering their Outlook replacement
free for Linux and Solaris until further notice. (See
http://www.bynari.net/bynari/products.html).

But I'm no more interested in running Linux or Solaris x86 on my
work machines than I am in running Windows, so I'd really hoped it
would Just Work under our Linux emulation. But it appears suse_libc5's
glibc is just too old (or I don't know enough about how Linux
emulation works, which is QUITE possible).

Running their (binary-only) application gets me:

% ./insight
=2E/insight: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2.3' not found (required by .=
/insight)
=2E/insight: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by ./i=
nsight)

Is there a quick hack I can make to dump a newer glibc in my=20
/emul/linux? I certainly have access to Linux machines to build it.

Or must I rather wait on SuSE (or pkgsrc?) to update their
distribution's glibc?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net