Subject: ppp zlib testers wanted
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2002 18:21:21
I have updated the zlib that comes with the kernel ppp code to
the most recent version, merging in the extensions that it had.
This was done to make sure it wasn't subject to the recently
published duplicate free bug in zlib (zlib.c for the ppp
kernel code was actually based on an older version, with
different code in the affected sections).

[yes it does suck that this is a slightly different version
 of libz pushed into one file, I hate the code duplication]

Anyway, I can not test this code, I could only verify that it
compiles. I fear that there are not many users of the code
out there, as it requires ppp-deflate support from your ISP
(option PPP_DEFLATE in your kernel).

If you by any chance are able to test this code, I would
greatly appreciate it if you could test the following files
in a new kernel and tell me if they work:

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/zlib/zlib.h.gz
 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/zlib/zlib.c.gz

Uncompress them, and drop them in to sys/net/lib in your
-current kernel source tree, then recompile the kernel.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/