Subject: ESS Allegro-1 / Maestro-3 driver (esa): Testers wanted
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2002 16:46:06
I've been doing quite a bit of hacking over the past few days on the esa
driver, and I've managed to get hardware mixing of multiple (our current
minisrc DSP image only supports 4) channels working.

In the process, I'm pretty sure that recording support is broken, and I'm
completely aware of that and will fix it soon. What I need is people to
test playing multiple streams, stopping them in different orders,
especially at different formats, speeds, etc.

Anybody interested can grab the driver source from:

 http://invisible.yi.org/~jmcneill/netbsd/esa-multivoice-0.3.tar.gz

Please tell me success or failure stories either way (particularly, it
would be interesting to see if this works the same on a Maestro-3 as it
does on my Allegro-1).

Thanks,
Jared