Subject: Re: FreSSH
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2002 20:45:53
On Jul 28,  5:49pm, "Michael G. Schabert" wrote:
} At 6:29 PM -0800 3/7/02, John Nemeth wrote:
} >
} >      What is the current status of FreSSH?  Given that OpenSSH has yet
} >another security hole that lets an intruder get root, we really need a
} >replacement for it.  Unfortunately, FreSSH 0.8.1 doesn't have anywhere
} >near sufficient functionality for my needs.
}
} OpenSSH got a report of the bug today. And they already released the
} new version to fix it TODAY.
}
} What more do you want?

     When you consider all the squawking that the OpenBSD crowd does
about why their code is so secure because they audit it amongst other
things, I want it to not have the bugs.  SSH is an extremely important
security related application.  It shouldn't have security holes.

}-- End of excerpt from "Michael G. Schabert"