Subject: Re: FreSSH
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2002 23:32:44
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:13:50PM -0500, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
> At 6:29 PM -0800 3/7/02, John Nemeth wrote:
> >      This is off-topic, but several FreSSH developers are on this list,
> >so...
> >
> >      What is the current status of FreSSH?  Given that OpenSSH has yet
> >another security hole that lets an intruder get root, we really need a
> >replacement for it.  Unfortunately, FreSSH 0.8.1 doesn't have anywhere
> >near sufficient functionality for my needs.
>
> OpenSSH got a report of the bug today. And they already released the
> new version to fix it TODAY.
>
> What more do you want?

Well, I'd like an sshd that I don't have to be ready to upgrade on every
exposed machine on a day's notice.

It would be kind of nice to step away from the net for a few days, and
not wonder if everything's fallen apart while my back was turned.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown