Subject: Re: transparent filtering and bridge(4)?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2002 09:08:03
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:52:22PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> If someone would like to pick up the ball on this project, I would be
> more than happy to provide a brain dump, my old notes, and possibly some
> old code.
>
> (Paul?  Interested? :-)

YES!  I sure am.  Just let me know how much code/notes/etc you've got
and how you'd like to get it to me.  Also, I'll be at the March IETF
in Minneapolis.  If you're going to be there, then that might be a better
time to go over the project.

BTW, I've got a network engineer here at the U of MN who is going to
wet his pants when I tell him what you've built.  He's been looking for
something to act as a "policy enforcement device" at various places within
our network.  All existing commercial products that fit the bill are over
US$50,000.  This project will fit most of his requirements.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."