Subject: Re: PS/2<->USB keyboard weirdness
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 18:34:26
In message <3C7D7893.74499693@augustsson.net>, Lennart Augustsson writes:
>Peter Seebach wrote:
>
>> In message <3C7D7811.98E292ED@augustsson.net>, Lennart Augustsson writes:
>> >Is your problem in wscons only?
>>
>> Dunno; haven't got any non-wscons systems to test with.
>
>I meant, do you have a problem in X too?

Oh, yes.  It seems to produce the same behavior everywhere.

>BTW, what platform is this?

x86.  It's my compaq "ipaq" that I was originally testing on, but I reproduced
it on my notebook.  The KVM gizmo is a Belkin new-style "omniview" which takes
PS/2 keyboard and mouse and provides either USB or PS/2 console; I'm not
actually using it as a switch, but I needed a PS/2 keyboard adapter for the
ipaq.  I also have a crappy $10 PS/2<->USB adapter made by the CueCat people,
but it seems to be marginally unreliable about some keys.

-s