Subject: Re: pms and pmsi - merge?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 08:57:05
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:05:24PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:

> So... Would there be interest in a revised psm.c that supports multiple
> protocols, and can change protocols dynamically under some circumstances?

This has been discussed before quite recently....
I don't recall anyone objecting :-)

IMHO it would be useful to be able to unplug and replug a
mouse and have the system be able to use it.
(If nothing else it can be used to test mice)

For a different system I wrote code that could autodetect
keyboards and mice - so it didn't matter which got plugged
into which socket (or how many of each you had).

With the proliferation of buttons on mice, and the basic
simplicity of the protocol, it doesn't really seem worth
having multiple drivers...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk