Subject: Re: Localization
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 01:58:59
Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> > How is localization in NetBSD?  I checked the I18N project page and its
> > link to CITRUS, but both seemed too outdated and short on information on
> > status and usability.
> >
> > I've recently been playing with localization on Linux and I began to
> > like it (especially as a non-native English speaker).  I'd really like
> > to have this feature in my favorite operating system.
>
> -current supports I18N partly.  (setlocale(3) and multibyte/wide char
> functions.)  The I18n part of NetBSD is steadily being developed by a
> few developers.  Its design and implementation are really promising, I
> believe, however, what really lacks is documentation.  I might once
> say that I tried to work on the document about this, but nearly
> nothing has been archieved. (I failed to understand Citrus codes. :-<)
>
> Regards,
> Masao

What should I do then to test it?  I mean, is it all already in the system or
must I download and install any extra library and other system components (as
said in CITRUS' website)?  What is the API to use?  If it follows a standard,
what is it?

--
        Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.