Subject: bt-radio driver problem
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2002 17:11:21
Hi,

So, I bought a Hauppauge Win-TV card and got it working on my test machine.
However, there seems to be a problem in the radio driver: After some event
(don't know what else, but like using a weird frequency on the radio), the
radio refuses to tune to FM stations.  If I use radioctl -w to set the
frequency, it is set (according to radioctl -a), but all I hear is noise.
I have to use fxtv to view some TV channel to get the radio working again.

I want to be able to reliably tune the radio to a certain station at a
certain time, so I'm not completely hapy with the driver behaviour. ;-)

The card is detected as:

bktr0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 5
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44914 C121
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, remote control.
radio0 at bktr0
Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x11) at pci0
dev 1
5 function 1 not configured

Can someone help me out with the driver?  Thanks,

  -jm