Subject: Re: 10:ioctl(add/insert rule): No such process
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2002 23:08:32
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 05:05:17PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Just so I'm clear on this.  What acceptable combinations are there?  For
> instance:
>
> 	1.5.<current> userland + <current> kernel

Yes.

> 	1.5.<current> userland + 1.5.<current> kernel

No.

> 	<current> userland + <current> kernel

Yes.

> etc.  There are incompatible userland (crtbegin, crtend) changes ...

What is the problem here? 1.5 programs applications work still under
NetBSD-current. There are only some system utilties which won't work.

> ... on the  trunk that I'm desperatly trying to avoid :-)

In that case you should really run the release branch. NetBSD-current
is not meant for production use. But if you want to use it you have
to use it completely.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/