Subject: Re: Trouble checking out CVS src
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Ian P.Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2002 11:25:35
On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 10:01 AM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Ian P.Thomas wrote:
>
>> 	After having installed all the binary sets for
>> 20020205-1.5.3_ALPHA, I went ahead and tried to checkout the src.  I
>> followed the instructions to the tee.
>>
>> cd /usr
>> cvs login
>>
>> 	I enter anoncvs for the password.  At the prompt I did
>>
>> cvs checkout -P src
>>
>> I then get this message,
>>
>> cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.netbsd.org rejected
>> access to /cvsroot for user anoncvs
>
> What do you have CVSROOT set to? It should be:
>
> 	export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
>
> for pserver (note the leading colon), or
>
> 	export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
> 	export CVS_RSH=ssh
>
> for "ssh". I just tried it, and they both work for me.
>
> Frederick

	Here is the output for the CVSROOT variable.

~ solo > echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

	I use tcsh so it's setenv for me, and I put it in my .login file.
Here is the whole sequence of events.

/usr solo > sudo cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org)
CVS password: ( I type in anoncvs here)
/usr solo > sudo cvs checkout -P src
cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.netbsd.org rejected
access to /cvsroot for user anoncvs
cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.netbsd.org rejected
access
cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

	This is my second attempt after trying the first time.  This time
I'm su'd to root.

solo# echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
solo# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org)
CVS password:
solo# cvs checkout -P src

	I don't get my prompt back and no traffic is passed.  It just sits
there.  I do have a firewall setup using ipfilter.  Could this be
causing a problem?  Right now my ruleset denies everything unless I
initiate the connection.  It works fine for every other kind of
connection: sftp, ssh, scp, etc.

	After some time passes, I get this,

solo# cvs [checkout aborted]: received broken pipe signal
[1]    Exit 1                        cvs checkout -P src

Ian

Of course it runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org