Subject: Trouble checking out CVS src
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian P.Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2002 00:18:09
	After having installed all the binary sets for
20020205-1.5.3_ALPHA, I went ahead and tried to checkout the src.  I
followed the instructions to the tee.

cd /usr
cvs login

	I enter anoncvs for the password.  At the prompt I did

cvs checkout -P src

I then get this message,

cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.netbsd.org rejected
access to /cvsroot for user anoncvs
cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.netbsd.org rejected
access
cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

         I notice that after this, there is a .cvspass file in my home
directory where there wasn't one before.  I'm using sudo for the above
commands so I have write permission for the /usr/src directory.
         On a completely unrelated note, when I switched from a 1.5.2
kernel to a 1.5.3 kernel  the Mac on my network couldn't get on the
internet anymore.  After switching back to my custom 1.5.2 kernel, it
could.  I don't think the stock 1.5.3 kernel does ipnat.  Another reason
why I need the sources.  I don't want to run a kernel that is older than
the userland :(

Ian

Of course it runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org