Subject: Re: wi users - losing time?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2002 00:59:51
jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi (Jukka Marin) writes:

>On the machines with Orinoco, I'm getting this in syslog:

>Feb 16 22:04:03 lintu ntpd[1818]: time reset 5.195761 s

>Has anyone else noticed symptoms like this?

On a Dell Inspiron 8000 ntpd isn't able to keep the time
synchronized either. It does currently not have a Orinoco
card installed, but the wi driver is configured in the
kernel.

So I doubt it is related to the Orinoco driver itself but
maybe to the pcmcia driver in general.
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de