Subject: Re: Racoon (or UVM?) problem with -current
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2002 15:29:08
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:20:08AM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Another solution is, do the freers check to see if the value is NULL
> before freeing? If so, have the pointer set to NULL after it is freed.
> Then it gets freed only once.

Looking over the code, I kinda doubt that key_freesp() is being called
twice on the same entry outside of the cache.  I'm pretty sure that it's
the cache that's doing it.  Also, the pointers to the entry appear to be
copied all over, not just in the cache code.  I don't know that it would
be possible to set all of the pointer to NULL, let alone know where they
all are.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."