Subject: Re: Honorable Mention (Clue Category): "QVS"
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2002 21:55:10
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

> I just saw a small gizmo (think a bit smaller than wallet-sized) with slots
> for SD/MMC, SmartMedia, and Compact Flash.
>
> It shows up as sd1, sd2, and sd3 under NetBSD.  It's not just that it
> shows up; it's that *ALL THREE MEDIA* show up.  Presuambly (I haven't been
> able to test this yet), they can all be used at once.

This sounds like it's the same gadget as the "PQI TravelFlash", the
wallet-size widget with a short folding USB cord that I have. Works
great, at least since the last round of PQURIK_ONLYBIG fiddling for
umass/scsibus.

I found it pretty amusing that they shipped the drivers for Windows
and MacOS on a business-card CD, so that the entire package is small

        - Nathan