Subject: Honorable Mention (Clue Category): "QVS"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2002 18:28:32
So, as you are all aware, the world is full of USB "card readers" that, for
reasons beyond the comprehension of mortal man, use special drivers.

I just saw a small gizmo (think a bit smaller than wallet-sized) with slots
for SD/MMC, SmartMedia, and Compact Flash.

It shows up as sd1, sd2, and sd3 under NetBSD.  It's not just that it
shows up; it's that *ALL THREE MEDIA* show up.  Presuambly (I haven't been
able to test this yet), they can all be used at once.

Furthermore, this same company produces a USB<->Serial widget which works
with the standard USB com port interface.

I think we may have a winner here, folks.

-s