Subject: Re: rsync retrieves garbled files
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2002 23:45:13
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 12:54:54AM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 02/08/2002 12:23:35 AM CET Feico Dillema wrote:
> >
> >Try rsync options -c and -W. Different version of rsync seem to have
> >compatibility problems and diffs get applied in a wrong way, corrupting
> >CVS files. Fetching  whole files (-W) seems the only things that helps
> >right now.
>
> This also doesn't work, the file is still broken...

Just to clear up some confusion, you aren't fetching from anoncvs; you
are fetching from the copy of anoncvs that is on the FTP server.

It looks like that copy was impacted by the rsync problem.  I've changed
the script that syncs the FTP server to use rsync -W, and hopefully that
will fix things for you.