Subject: Re: OBJDIRs that don't exist, in bsd.obj.mk
To: BOUWSMA Beery <netbsd-user@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2002 13:40:53
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, BOUWSMA Beery wrote:

: The patch I applied is below.  As you can see, the comment claims
: that a directory will be mkdir'ed, but that doesn't happen.  Oh sure,
: I could create it by hand, but if I decide to free up some inodes by
: nuking the whole object tree, then I'm back to square one, when the
: build process could (should?) do it for me.

Actually, it deliberately *doesn't* auto-create the top level directories
for BSDOBJDIR and/or MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX.  They should be created by hand.
(This is a sanity check to make sure directories outside the src tree
aren't created without permission of the builder.)

The comment about "mkdir -p" being used refers to the statements later,
where the specific objdir (not the top level objdir) is being created.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/