Subject: Re: *whew*
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: BOUWSMA Beery <netbsd-user@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2002 12:09:09
Hejsa
%s wrote on %.3s, %lld Sep 1993

>   | >I don't know who came up with the idea to back up /etc files in
>   | >/var/backups, but I'm very grateful to you.

> It's even more useful since Andrew Brown added support for tracking
> changes in the backed-up files with rcs.

I'm sure I'm missing something here (pointers?), but I was wondering
if anyone else had tried what I've done, which is to adapt the
`mergemaster' skr1pt, used to update /etc and related k0deZ after
a system upgrade with FreeBSD, to semi-automatedly merge updated
config files into the installed ones?

Works great for me in NetBSD, and I'd be happy to share my hacks/
enhancements if there's interest...

thanks
barry bouwsma