Subject: CVS Repository Mirroring (was: Re: cvs "-u" versus "-R" (May be: potential rant about cvsup))
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: BOUWSMA Beery <netbsd-user@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2002 11:04:02
Mahlzeit!
%s wrote on %.3s, %lld Sep 1993

> >Is there some way other than `sup' to get the RCS files proper?

> <URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-cvs/main/>

Thanks!  That helped me confirm that the build failure I was experiencing
was a result of one of the source files getting updated, while another
was unchanged locally when it should have been updated as well.

But that wasn't quite what I wanted to ask, so let me see if I can
state my wishes more clearly, seeing that just as with `sup', if I
were to ftp-mirror changed files, I'd have to download the whole file
for any change/tag/append/delta...

Other than `sup' and scanning the ftp tree, what options are available
(outside of unofficial `cvsup') for me, on a pay-per-minute dial-up,
to keep my NetBSD tree of RCS source files up-to-date?  (Oh, as an
on-demand option, so `CTM' isn't ideal, if I want to go on-line once
a week for ten minutes and bring my CVS repositories up-to-date...)

thanks
barry bouwsma