Subject: nathanw_sa
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2002 23:12:58
     I've been meaning to ask about this for a while.  I just wanted to
check my thinking on a couple of things.  As I understand it,
nathanw_sa will create LWPs (Light Weight Processes).  When this is
done a multithreaded app using nathanw_sa running on an SMP will be
able to have different threads running on multiple processors
simultaneously (ignoring scheduling issues)?  However, currently a
multithreaded app can't take advantage of multiple processors since it
is still really only a single process?

     How would a program go about using nathanw_sa?  Would there simply
be a pthread library provided by the system, then any program that uses
pthreads would simply do the right thing?