Subject: Re: Something very wrong here...
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/2002 23:07:08
[Very old message, but the same cause, same effects, with another
context]

In message <200111061036.fA6AaoZ11288@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>,
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

>> My usual technique when I've screwed up my
>> objdirs is:
>>
>> find . -name obj.* | xargs rm -rf; make cleandir; make obj; make cleandir
>
>This removes also gnu/dist/{,toolchain/}gas/obj.h.
>You have to specify "-type d" (or "-type l") for find(1).

Well, I ran in the very same problem with supscan.

I don't want/need obj.i386 symlinks beeing transferred to the client
machine.

So, besides "rsymlink src" in sup/current/list/allsrc, I set
"omitany */obj.*", which catches

./gnu/dist/gas/obj.h
./gnu/dist/toolchain/gas/obj.h
./gnu/usr.bin/gas/obj.h

too.

I only build native i386 on this machine, so I can be more precise
"omitany */obj.i386" But tyhat's not a clean solution.

It'll be much much better to have an option to olmit *every* symlink...

--
Xav
http://www.freetibet.org