Subject: Re: FTPD-current
To: Ciarcinski, Adam \(ISS Brussels\) <ACiarcinski@iss.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2002 16:27:39
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:10:15AM -0500, Ciarcinski, Adam (ISS Brussels) wrote:
  | I have two questions regarding the 'ftpd'.
  |
  | 2. The latest 'ftpd' (from the -current branch) behaves
  |    strangely with some clients, including Windows2000
  |    'ftp' command and Amiga Genesis 'ftp' and 'ncftp':
  |    only one command can be issued, and after that it
  |    hangs.
  |    Is this on purpose?

It was a bug in active mode ftp, accidentally introduced when I fixed
a bug in passive mode on 20020121.  I've fixed it. Update your ftpd
sources so that the version is "NetBSD-ftpd 20020201"

  |    Note that it works with NetBSD 'ftp' client and,
  |    for example, Fetch 4.0.1 on Macintosh.

That's because the NetBSD ftp client uses passive mode by default.
Try typing "passive off" and you'll find it will start misbehaving
too.

I've also updated ftp.netbsd.org's ftpd.

Luke.