Subject: Re: savecore weirdness
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20020130T173955@wsrcc.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2002 18:12:20
Looks like either the header got corrupted or your memory size goes into
the territory of unsigned numbers.

...after all, you don't *really* have 8GB of RAM in there, do you?

I do have a related question to ask, though:

Are there any plans for making a "smart" crash dump, i.e. one which dumps
only the active/required pages/mappings?  It seems absurd to me to require
a 640MB chunk of disk just for swap space.  I mean, that's about seven
hours of music, or even room to compile something.