Subject: Re: serial console, X11, and keyboards
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2002 14:21:23
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:07:17PM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Because screen 0 is automagically configured if you don't have serial console.
> And then you get a complaint when trying to configure it.
> Maybe we should just have a way of shutting up the complaint?

sure, that would be better.

i was under the impression that you might want to use wscons.conf
to update the default automagically configured settings for screen 0
(e.g. change the emulation from "vt100" to "sun" or "adm3a" or
something like that).

i was thinking of it in the same terms as i think of the "/" entry
in /etc/fstab (e.g. to update root mount from read-only "/" to
read-write "/").

chuck