Subject: Re: newcommer to building current...help please.
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2002 16:50:06
On Wed Jan 30 2002 at 09:30:39 +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Christophe Latt wrote:
> >  I think that something is wrong, here's my mk.conf :
> >
> >  	USE_XF86_4 = yes
> > 	MKTOOLS=yes
> > 	USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN=yes
> > 	USETOOLS=yes
>
> The USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN=yes or USETOOLS=yes should NOT be there.
> The appropriate value is pulled from bsd.own.mk.
>
> FWIW, this is what I have in my mk.conf:
>
> .if ${MACHINE} != "i386"
> OBJMACHINE=     yes
> .endif
> TOOLDIR=/usr/home/dolecek/soft/netbsd/tools/tools-bin
> MKTOOLS=yes
>
> At least, this has worked for me last time I made full 'make build'
> (like a month ago).

Why should USETOOLS=whatever not be there? Let's say I have a clean
install for which I only download the kernel source and wish to build
it. Is there a better way of doing it than setting USETOOLS=no in
/etc/mk.conf?

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/