Subject: Re: CVS REPOSITORY IS BROKEN
To: None <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2002 17:51:45
> If we try "cvs checkout -D 2000-02-14 basesrc/usr.sbin/sendmail" then=
 it
> decides (as expected) that most of the old files have been deleted, a=
nd
> does not check them out.  However, it also decides (unexpectedly) to
> check out the following subset of the old files:
>
> 	basesrc/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/ostype/bsdi1.0.m4
> 	basesrc/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/ostype/dgux.m4

Look at dgux.m4.  The latest revision on the vendor branch is marked
"dead", in this case version 1.1.2.2.  However, there has been commits
to the trunk for this file (merge of sendmail 8.8.5, while the latest
imported version is 8.8.8), so the default branch is no longer the
vendor branch, and I think this may be the source of or contribute to
the problems.

This can probably be fixed in one of two ways:

 o Make a remove / commit on the trunk for the affected files
 o Mark the vendor branch as the default branch with "cvs admin -b1.1.1=
"

I suspect the former is the correct way (?).

Regards,

- H=E5vard